What Does Northeast Community Credit Union Do With Your Personal Information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Payments history and transaction or loss history
- Account balances and credit history
- Social Security number and account transactions
When you are no longer our member, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Northeast Community Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does NCCU share?||Can you limit sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes –|
such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus.
|For our marketing purposes –|
to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||We Don’t Share|
|For our affiliates everyday business purposes –|
such as information about your transactions and experiences
|No||We Don’t Share|
|For our affiliates everyday business purposes|
– such as information about your creditworthiness
|No||We Don’t Share|
|For our affiliates to market to you||No||We Don’t Share|
|For non-affiliates to market to you||No||We Don’t Share|
|Who we are|
|Who is providing this notice?||Northeast Community Credit Union|
|What we do|
|How does Northeast Community Credit Union protect my personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
NCCU regularly tests and assess its information security measures to protect your information.
|How does Northeast Community Credit Union collect my personal information?||We collect your personal information, for example, when you:|
– Open an account or deposit money
– Pay your bills or apply for a loan
– Use your credit card or debit card
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?||Federal law gives you the right to limit only:|
– Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes
– information about your creditworthiness
– Affiliates from using your information to market to you
– Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.|
|Non-Affiliates||Companies NOT related by common ownership or control.
They can be financial and non-financial companies.
|Joint Marketing||A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
– Northeast Community Credit Union joint marketing partners include insurance companies.
WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Northeast Community Credit Union is committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of its Web site, BeMyCU.org, for all people with disabilities. Working with accessibility consultants, we will be further implementing over time the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) as a web accessibility standard, which will also lead into further conformance with the Section 508 Web Accessibility Standards developed by the United States Access Board (Section 508). Our website is being tested on a periodic basis with assistive technology and other tools to duplicate usage by users with disabilities who use these technologies.
Below are some of the steps we are taking under our accessibility policy:
We have engaged consultants to conduct website accessibility audits and provide us with specific recommendations to facilitate website accessibility and conformance with WCAG 2.0 AA standards.
The consultants will provide training on a periodic basis for our web development team on WCAG 2.0 AA and Section 508 conformance. On an ongoing basis, we will have periodic website accessibility audits, as well as end-user accessibility testing and evaluation, conducted in order to provide prioritized feedback regarding conformance with WCAG 2.0 AA standards. The initial testing has been performed and proactive steps are being taken. Please contact us directly with any questions or concerns you have using the Contact Us link on this site.
NCCU has adopted a website accessibility policy to support its commitment to the accessibility of BeMyCU.org.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. If, at any time, you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of any particular Web page on BeMyCU.org, please email us at info@BeMyCU.org or call Marketing at (423) 547-1200. If you do encounter an accessibility issue, please be sure to specify the Web page in your email or your call, and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page accessible for you.
E-Commerce Terms and Conditions
Personal member information will not be gathered by the credit union through e-commerce transactions.
The contact email (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a secure email with an SSL certificate issued by GoDaddy.
Since the credit union website is information based only, it does not contain cookies.
Members can request more information regarding credit union products and services through our contact email or by calling or visiting any NCCU location.
Information to our members regarding any technical maintenance or issues that may affect the e-commerce websites may be found under Contact Us.
Members may resolve errors, pose questions, or register complaints by sending an email or calling any NCCU location using the Contact Us phone numbers.
Last Updated: 4/01/2022
CardHub (the “App”)– powered by Fiserv – helps you control your credit and/or debit cards through your mobile device, making it easy to manage your finances on the go.
The App allows you to:
- get real-time balances for your accounts
- manage your money
- view your transactions and statements
- make transfers
- pay your bills and manage billers
- deposit a check
- receive alerts
- manage cards
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT IN THE APP
Through your use of the Services, we may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
(a) Personal Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail, telephone number, and social security number when you create an account.
- We will collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the Services, including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
- If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- We also collect other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information requested by us if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
(b) Personal Information Collected from Third Parties. We may collect certain information from identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, in order to provide some of our Services.
(c) Personal Information Collected Via Technology. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the Services, we will collect your location information when you use the Services; for example, to provide our fraud detection services. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED IN THE APP
(a) General Use. In general, we use your personal information collected through your use of the Services to respond to your requests as submitted through the Services, to provide you the Services you request, and to help serve you better. We use your personal information, in connection with the App, in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account;
- identify you as a legitimate user in our system;
- provide improved administration of the Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Services;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and
- send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Services.
(b) Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
(c) Creation of Non-Identifiable Data. The App may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this information in a form that does not personally identify you to analyze request patterns and usage patterns to enhance our products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties in our discretion.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your personal information collected through your use of the Services as described below.
(c) Authorities and Others. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, The App may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, for the compliance and protection services described above.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have several choices regarding use of information on the Services.
(a) How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
(b) Access, Update, or Correct Your Information. You can access, update or correct your information by changing preferences in your account. For additional requests, please contact us.
(c) Opting Out of Email or SMS Communications. If you have signed-up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of the email or other electronic communication. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below. If you provide your phone number through the Services, we may send you notifications by SMS, such as provide a fraud alert. You may opt out of SMS communications by unlinking your mobile phone number through the Services.
(d) Opting Out of Location Tracking. If you initially consented to the collection of geo-location information through the Services, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to our collection of location information, you may no longer be able to use some features of the App.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We implement reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
The Services are not directed towards individuals under the age of 18, and we do not, through the App, intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 18. If a child under 18 submits personal information to us through the App and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
980 Jason Witten Way, Elizabethton, TN 37643
Questions? Call us at 423-547-1200