Community Support Dollars
One of the ways NCCU supports the communities in which we do business is through the contribution of community support dollars. The number of organizations in need of support continues to increase; therefore we have narrowed our scope in order to offer more focused support. NCCU supports the credit union philosophy of people helping people and is dedicated to supporting our community and the organizations that serve it.
The credit union may allocate up to 2% of prior year income for contributions to local causes that meet our guidelines.
Though there are many worthy organizations. our focus is on non-profit organizations that focus on education, youth, and/or health related issues. Those with focuses on the arts or other community events will be secondary in line for donations.
- The following is a list of criteria to be used in evaluating an opportunity. Meeting a single criterion does not guarantee CU participation.
- Purpose of organization – does it fit within the above categories?
- Amount requested – we consider cost per exposure, historical CU contributions, and portion of CU community involvement budget
- Recognition of NCCU in return for support: Publicity, name exposure, media advertising. staff presence at events, etc.
- Benefit to our Field of Membership
- Requests from NCCU members will be given priority over requests from non-members
- The following items are generally not considered for NCCU Community Involvement support:
- Sponsorship of a single individual – example: student trip, beauty pageant, sports program, walk-a-thon
- Events occurring outside our field of membership or counties
- Travel-related expenses
- Charity-only expenses
- Political or partisan organizations
- Religious, ethnic. labor or fraternal associations
- Organizations or causes that do not impact the NCCU service area
- Adult sport teams/leagues
- Requests should be received no less than 30 days prior to the event. The written request form must be completed and submitted to: Northeast Community Credit Union – Attn: President/CEO,
980 Jason Witten Way
Elizabethton, TN 37 643
- The Community Involvement/Funding Request Form is located below for digital submission – type directly onto the form and click Submit when finished. All fields on the form must be completed prior to submission.